FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Fog lights

<<

qpulse

Dudette

Post Mon May 03, 2010 9:04 pm

Fog lights

Is it just me or do more mornons seem to be driving around with their front fog lights switched on?

Almost every car I passed tonight had their front fog lights on. The weather is really mild, no sign of fog.

It really irritates me, I always put my headlights on full beam and give them a taste of their own medicine :lol:

Andy
<<

Nikki Lewis

Dudette

Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:19 am

Re: Fog lights

It irritates the hell out of me.

Although I’ve seen most if not all makes of car driving with them on even in good weather during the day, its consistently Mini's! I'm beginning to wonder if on the new Mini's, if the headlights are on the front fog lights automatically come on and there's no option to disable them?
<<

gaz

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:15 pm

Hi Nikki.... & welcome to FO :-)

I hear what you are saying but unfortunately fog lights never come on with "normal" lights...

Sadly these morons know exactly what they are doing :-(

But we are in a VERY small minority - I feel like training to be a fed just so I can go out and book them all....
I think I could reduce the national deficit by 1% a year :-)

Joking aside - Welcome :D
<<

Nikki Lewis

Dudette

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:53 pm

Thanks for the kind welcome!!

There's definitely something about Mini's and fog lights. I know you say they don't come on with normal lights but there is certainly something wrong because I don't think I've seen a single Mini without its front fog lights on - bl00dy BMW drivers - maybe that's the problem!! :D :lol:

For the last month or two, every time I see a car lit up light a Christmas tree with its fog lights on in visibility more than the legal 100 meters, I repeatedly flash MY fog lights at the oncoming morons, the other day some idiot had the cheek to then flash his full beam at ME! :!: :twisted:

These people should be locked up until they learn their lesson, along with those other morons who sit in the middle lane doing 50.

I'm not going to get started on the other moron with his REAR fog lights on when the visibility was the best I've seen it in months.

:evil:

PS. Sorry for sounding blunt, I am normally a very calm girlie but these people wind me up!

xx
<<

andtym

Dudette

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:29 pm

qpulse wrote:Almost every car I passed tonight had their front fog lights on. ..............
It really irritates me, I always put my headlights on full beam and give them a taste of their own medicine
could this be deemed "dangerous driving"?
deliberately giving them a taste of their own medicine by using full beam (main beam) while it is nightime cannot be considered safe.
Comments please.
Would a couple of very short main beam flashes be considered safe or safer?

I regularly "flash" oncoming drivers who have forgotten to dip or have dipped beam set too high or have Fog Headlights on during daylight or just into lighting up time.
Am I breaking the law?
<<

Nikki Lewis

Dudette

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:33 am

gaz wrote:I hear what you are saying but unfortunately fog lights never come on with "normal" lights...

Sadly these morons know exactly what they are doing :-(

I've worked it out now, the fog lights on Mini's come on in 'dipped mode' with the headlights and then go into full fog light intensity when fog lights are switched on.

In my opinion this 'dipped' fog light mode makes the driver look like either a dizzy tart (if female) and a chavvy tosser (if male). I like to think I am not suited to a Mini!
<<

gaz

Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:33 am

Yeah - I noticed that too - there are some low light "extras" that are always on but non dazzling.
Bit pointless to be honest...... :?
<<

qpulse

Dudette

Post Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:17 am

andtym wrote:
qpulse wrote:Almost every car I passed tonight had their front fog lights on. ..............
It really irritates me, I always put my headlights on full beam and give them a taste of their own medicine
could this be deemed "dangerous driving"?
deliberately giving them a taste of their own medicine by using full beam (main beam) while it is nightime cannot be considered safe.
Comments please.
Would a couple of very short main beam flashes be considered safe or safer?

I regularly "flash" oncoming drivers who have forgotten to dip or have dipped beam set too high or have Fog Headlights on during daylight or just into lighting up time.
Am I breaking the law?

Hi Andtym

I don't think giving a driver whos coming towards me with their fog lights on blinding me a flash of full beam is illegal. However, driving with foglights on when visibility isn't seriously reduced is illegal - https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q400.htm

cheers

Andy
<<

Orangejuice

Post Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:28 pm

Nikki Lewis wrote:There's definitely something about Mini's and fog lights. I know you say they don't come on with normal lights but there is certainly something wrong because I don't think I've seen a single Mini without its front fog lights on - bl00dy BMW drivers - maybe that's the problem!! :D :lol:

Nikki Lewis wrote:I've worked it out now, the fog lights on Mini's come on in 'dipped mode' with the headlights and then go into full fog light intensity when fog lights are switched on. In my opinion this 'dipped' fog light mode makes the driver look like either a dizzy tart (if female) and a chavvy tosser (if male). I like to think I am not suited to a Mini!

I used to think the same thing, but then I worked it out. Mini's copy the features used by old Mini's and Morris Minors and have the sidelights in the same pod as the indicators, which are not in the main light pod. It's rare to see a Mini with foglights but for most it's just sidelights. If it's a dim then don't flash.

Return to Why do you / they do it???